Administrative Support Technician – (Bilingual)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Health Services Department promotes and protects the health and safety of our community. We aspire to promote Public Health programs with equity and wellbeing for our clients, community, and staff while serving the community in a professional manner.
ABOUT THE COUNTY:
We know where you choose to live, work and play matters. Deschutes County is one of the largest employers in Central Oregon and the largest municipal government in the region. Our dedicated and passionate workforce of more than 1,200 employees provide County services in a number of departments, divisions, and offices.
Located in the heart of Central Oregon, between the towering Cascade Mountain Range to the west and the high desert plateau to the east, Deschutes County is the outdoor recreation capital of Oregon. We enjoy a renowned quality of life, with big-city opportunities and small-town neighborhoods.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This person works under general supervision in our Public Health Department front offices by providing administrative support to all of our Public Health programs including Vital Records and reproductive health clinics (Downtown Health Centers) in Bend and Redmond. The Administrative Support Technician is the journey level in the administrative support job series, and responsibilities are generally of a limited to medium scope and typically require applying judgment, discretion, and initiative completing administrative support and customer service work assignments with intermediate computer and interpersonal skills. The incumbent will work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment that includes frequent contact with clients who access our services in person, virtually through the computer, and on the phone.
The incumbent will provide interpreter and translation services (English-Spanish) in person, by telephone, to non-English and Limited-English Proficiency (LEP) patients and family members, physicians, and nurses, during all aspects of the healthcare encounter and in various healthcare settings. The content that is interpreted/translated is done in a way that is not culturally offensive, insensitive, or otherwise harmful to the dignity and well-being of the patient; assesses patients' understanding of information conveyed.
Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position. The schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The candidate selected for this position will be flexible in terms of their office location and be willing to alternate between three county locations in Bend and Redmond.
- Maintain high level of customer service and confidentiality while responding to requests for information and assistance from clients, visitors, and county employees in person, by phone, and by e-mail.
- Process accounts receivables.
- Review documents with attention to detail for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with requirements.
- Enter data into computer software with speed and accuracy to maintain electronic records, files, and databases.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures within the scope of authority.
What You Will Bring:
Knowledge of or experience with:
- Techniques in dealing with the public in a culturally sensitive way maintaining the dignity and well-being of the public.
- General office procedures and the use of modern office equipment and software including spreadsheets, databases, and electronic mail.
- HIPAA regulations and procedures.
- Communicating professionally and effectively in spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Prioritizing, organizing, and carrying out assignments and special projects in a timely and professional way with basic supervision, independently as well as in a team setting.
- Understanding and explaining rules, regulations, codes, laws, and ordinances.
- Understanding a variety of technical instructions and program requirements.
We hope you'll consider joining our talented team.
*This posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but rather constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
Notification to all candidates will be sent via email and/or text only. Please opt in for text messaging or check your email and your Governmentjobs.com account for application status.
Review the full job description by clicking HERE.
$3,808.51 to $5,103.81 per month for an 172.67 hour work month. Excellent County benefit package when eligible. This (union represented) position is available immediately.
Our robust health plan is offered at a minimal cost of $90 per month, which includes an innovative on-site clinic, pharmacy, and wellness and wellbeing services. Additionally, we include life insurance, retirement (PERS), generous paid time-off (14-18 hours/month to start, pro-rated for part-time), holidays, and professional development opportunities. Please click HERE for full benefit details.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND two (2) years of administrative support experience;
- OR any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the job.
Preference will be given for:
- Experience working with EHR software, specifically the EPIC/OCHIN platform.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
Necessary Special Requirements
The employment offer will be contingent upon pre-employment screening for criminal history and controlled substances (NOTE: Positive test results for marijuana use may result in rescission of a contingent offer of employment). These screenings must be completed with satisfactory findings in order for a formal offer of employment to be extended.
Possession of or willingness to be trained for and obtain Certified Healthcare or Medical Interpreter (CHI/CMI) English-Spanish within 9 months of hire.
Excellent County benefit package when eligible.
Deschutes County offers eligible employees a comprehensive health care package that covers medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents at a minimal cost of $90 per month. Coverage becomes effective the first of the month following 1 month of employment. Included in the health care package is the Deschutes Onsite Clinic (DOC), which provides a wide range of health, wellness, and primary care services to employees and their dependents. The DOC offers convenient hours and no out-of-pocket costs to patients. The DOC Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy available to employees and dependents to have their prescriptions filled at a discounted co-pay. In addition to the health care package, Deschutes County provides a generous and comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees.
Employer paid benefit offerings include:
- Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Program through Oregon PERS
- Time Management Leave
Employee paid voluntary benefit offerings include:
- 125 Flexible Spending Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Supplemental Life and Accident Insurance
To learn more about Deschutes County's generous benefit offerings, please visit www.deschutes.org/hr and click on Employee Benefits.
Closing Date/Time: 9/11/2023 11:59 PM Pacific