Behavioral Health Therapist II
Behavioral Health Therapist II
Job ID: 20-11957
Type: Regular Full-Time
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary treatment team, develops treatment plans, identifies appropriate interventions, and provides assessment and progress updates on patients. Provides group therapy, one-to-one counseling, and psycho-education within scope of practice and clinical expertise. Assists with milieu management in keeping with the general treatment mode of the program in which employed. The values of teamwork, respect and caring, effective use of resources, and initiative are integrated comprehensively into the performance standards for Behavioral Health Therapist II. Direct supervision is provided by department leadership, who will assess performance based on personal observation of work performed, chart review, feedback from department staff, patients and other relevant sources.
1. PATIENT CARE: Under direct supervision of a Therapist with advanced skill and training in current counseling practice to provide the desired treatment outcomes and excellence in patient care.
A. Provision of Therapy and Counseling
- Group facilitation.
- Provides group therapy utilizing appropriate counseling techniques within respective scope of practice.
- Conducts one-on-one counseling sessions with patients and/or patient families, including crisis counseling.
- Counsels patients toward behaviors conducive to health.
- In collaboration with treatment team; considers age, disability and cultural factors while assessing planning, implementing, and evaluating care for adult and geriatric patients/clients and families.
- Designs and implements treatment plans specific to respective group therapy modality appropriate to the individual and utilizing all relevant community resources.
B. Therapeutic Communication and Milieu Management
- Actively participates therapeutically in the milieu in order to engage patients in treatment.
- Regularly participates in milieu safety inspections and notifies RN of any noticeable or potential patient medical or behavioral problems observed.
- Provides for patient safety by recognizing subtle changes and initiating appropriate de-escalation standard practices.
- Uses therapeutic communication skills when interacting with patients and families.
- Recognizes and incorporates patient's/family's belief system (cultural, spiritual, psycho-social).
- Provides physical, emotional, and protective care for patients consistent with treatment planning in both structured and unstructured patient activities/settings.
C. Interdisciplinary Team
- Provides input into treatment plan recommendations and interventions.
- Attends, participates, and communicates with treatment team and other team meetings regarding patient interactions, observations, and changes in patient status.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team in identifying appropriate interventions.
- Communicates all relevant information to team members, other departments, patient and families in a courteous and timely manner.
D. Patient Education - Facilitates education using a group or 1:1 format
- Recovery Centered Clinical System
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Other Psychoeducation as assigned.
- Provides appropriate documentation on group therapy, group dynamics, education provided in group.
F. Team member
- Actively assists in Code Grey procedures.
- Is an active team member providing and supporting patient care.
- Contributes and carries out individualized treatment plans.
- Attends and participates in unit meetings.
- Provides break and meeting coverage for the unit as scheduled.
- Actively participates in supervision.
- Uses effective communication skills with team.
- Assist nursing staff as needed.
- Maintains productive relationships with co-workers at various sites and in the profession, keeping current with community resources.
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Continuing education and training is central to the refinement and advancement of clinical skills.
A. Demonstrates awareness of hospital and department goals.
B. Supports hospital/departmental/unit standards and operations.
- Identifies clinical practice issues and uses appropriate channels of communication to obtain evaluation and promote resolution.
- Keeps abreast of recent changes in hospital standards by reading transmittals/ communications in a timely manner.
- Complies with changes in hospital standards.
- Assists in the completion of evaluations/checklists of new hires.
- Participates in unit activities, projects and committees.
C. Actively participates in quality improvement activities.
- Promotes unit-based activities and assists in identifying targets.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement orientation and training sessions as appropriate.
- Advocates for Continuous Quality Improvement with peers, patients/family and medical staff.
- Regularly reviews Continuous Quality Improvement reports.
D. Acts as patient advocate by providing patient privacy and promoting patient confidentiality. Implements patient Bill of Rights.
E. Demonstrates flexibility in workload assignments and scheduling.
F. Participates in professional development and education activities.
- Develops and implements a plan for meeting own learning needs.
- Assists in the orientation of students, new staff and float personnel.
- Contributes to education of staff.
- Assists in the completion of peer review process evaluation and checklists as requested.
- Attends and documents job related inservices/conferences.
- Presents lectures on related subjects for inservicing staff or students as assigned.
G. Participates with other colleagues in identifying and discussing ethical conflicts.
Master's degree in Behavioral Health or related field required. Formal training in process groups required.
Two years of behavioral health experience required. Process group experience required.
BLS Healthcare provider required.
Keyboard skills and ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled