Job Title: Category Analyst
Reports to: Senior Category Manager
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 AM-5 PM
Wage: Starts at a base of $27.88/hr depending on experience
This role has the potential to be remote with travel on-site as needed
Position Overview: The Category Analyst is responsible for assisting with conducting category trend analysis, recommendations, guidance, and risk assessments for Bob's Red Mill. This person is an avid storyteller using data to create presentations such as category reviews, new product introductions, distribution opportunities, and achieving shelving and pricing objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with providing category trend analysis, recommendations, guidance, and risk assessments for the business.
- Creates presentations for assigned customer accounts with accuracy and meaningful insights to present to retail customers for key initiatives, such as category reviews, new product introductions, distribution opportunities, and achieving shelving and pricing objectives.
- Provides merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving insights and recommendations to the sales team.
- Creates sales reporting, analysis and ad hoc sales reports to sales team.
- Updates and analyzes internal sales reports.
- Adds and improves variety of reports ongoing with the guidance of the manager.
- Identifies ideas for using our brands and products to achieve category growth objectives.
- Gathers and shares competitive intelligence information and implications.
- Identifies category and shopper insights and assists in providing actionable customer opportunities.
- Collaborates with the sales team and applies knowledge of category, customer and consumer insights along with the best practices to create solutions to satisfy both BRM and customer account strategies and objectives.
- Complies with Bob's Red Mill food safety policies and procedures including adherence to SQF standards and FDA regulations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This position may provide some supervision to the Junior Category Analyst.
- This position reports to the Senior Category Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of syndicated data and applications including IRI, Nielsen, SPINS and Consumer Panel Data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A team player and able to interact and work with people at all levels of the company.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including formulas, pivot tables and graphs) and PowerPoint.
- Ability to self-start and proactively determine course of action and make decisions.
- Ability to conduct data analysis but also interpret the data into actionable information.
- Ability to drive issues to resolution by problem-solving.
- 3 or more years of Category Analyst experience is required, preferably in CPG or natural foods industry.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 years of industry experience in lieu of degree, required.
- Experience as an analyst or related position in finance, supply chain, sales, or product management required.
Applicants for consideration must reside in one of the following states (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, TX, and WA)
- Position requires the ability to sit for up to approximately 2 hours at a time.
- May be required to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
The primary work environment for this position is within an office setting. There are no adverse conditions associated with this position.
What you should know: Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.