Desktop Systems Specialist
Full Time - Regular
Roseburg, OR, US
Support clients and in-house staff with all PC and network systems issues, while working within a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep abreast of industry and product advances and best practices.
- Add and upgrade various software applications and suites as required.
- Maintain, analyze, and advanced troubleshoot and repair of computer systems, hardware, computer peripherals, telecommunication systems which include, but are not limited to: desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, desktop phones.
- Assist with user onboarding and terminations
- Manage user access to various systems and applications.
- Create and maintain both technical and user documentation.
- Log all activities in the Help Desk ticket database including, but not limited to maintenance, upgrades or replacement of hardware and software systems, applications and suites as required.
- Support Windows desktop utilizing Microsoft Windows 7/10 as well as Microsoft Office and various other applications.
- Analyze and implement Operating System patches, hot fixes, updates virus protection and spyware removal.
- Comply with organization's internal policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used within the computer industry.
- Proven experience configuring, maintaining and upgrading PC workstations, including the installation, diagnose and repairing of PC workstations, PC hardware, peripherals and telecommunication equipment.
- Have reliable transportation for transportation to client's sites, hold a valid driver's license and maintain insurance on the vehicle used for work.
- Relies on experience and judgment on plan and accomplish goals. Ability to multitask and prioritize as needed.
- Associate's degree or technical institute degree preferred and/or 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- CompTIA A+ and MCP certifications preferred.