Event Ticketing Staff (Community Service Aide II)
Portland Parks & Recreation is looking for Event Ticketing Staff to join the team!
Ticketing Seller: At the direction of the Ticketing Lead this person conducts sales of entry tickets and race tech cards to raceway events. Sales can take place from booths or on foot at multiple possible locations. Tickets may be in the form of roll/hard tickets or via handheld computer units with accompanying ticket printers. Sales are to be conducted in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Distributing wristbands
- Scanning pre-purchased tickets
- Checking credentials
- Maintaining track access
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead.
Ticketing Lead: At the direction of Raceway management this person may perform all duties outlined in the ticket seller description.
- Picking up supplies needed for sales to include seller setups of tickets and starting cash from the PIR office.
- Assigning ticket sellers and scheduling
- Informing sellers of event information such as pricing structure
- Opening and closing of entry gates and booths, the start of and closing of shift ticket/tech card sales
- Coordinating with hired security staff,
- Ensuring proper flow of ingress vehicles/pedestrians,
- Providing updated sales information to event management upon request.
- Closing duties include closing sellers, counting out cash and preparing for event closing, complete cash tally forms, recording daily staff payroll hours,
- Ensuring the PIR office and property gates are locked and secure after each shift.
City of Portland Core Values:
Anti-racism | Communication | Collaboration | Equity | Transparency | Fiscal Responsibility
These values guide our actions as we serve the community and engage our workforce. To learn more about the City's core values, please click here .
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
This position is eligible for Benefits.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Experience with cash handling and c ashiering
- Knowledge of basic customer service practices
The Recruitment Process
The Recruitment Process
Applicants MUST FOLLOW the process below and submit the following application materials to be considered for this position. Failure to submit the required application materials will result in elimination from further consideration:
- A COMPLETED Work Experience section (may include unpaid and/or volunteer experience) clearly reflecting your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of the announcement. A RESUME is not required, Do NOT attach one.
- Resume -Your resume should support the details described in your responses to the supplemental questions.
- References will be requested if selected to participate in an interview.
Your application will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position.
Please note, all completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. It is preferred that applications be submitted via the City's online application process, if you need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below.
Do not attach materials not requested. A RESUME is not required, Do NOT attach one. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Veteran's Preference documentation must be submitted at the time of your application.
Complete the online application and resume. An evaluation will be made of each applicant's training and experience, work history and resume as demonstrated in their application. Failure to complete the application may result in elimination from further consideration. If you are being considered for a vacancy, you will be contacted directly by the department with the vacancy.
Work Status: Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
Veterans' Preference: If you are requesting Veterans' Preference, attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veterans' Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment to which you apply. Veterans' Preference documentation must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment.
ADA, Pregnancy, and Religious Accommodations: If you identify as a person with a disability, are pregnant or nursing, or observe a religious practice(s), and would like to request a reasonable accommodation when applying for this job, please contact the Recruiter below for assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply.
Did you know? The City of Portland offers How to Apply Classes that are free and review best practices for applying to the City. Follow the link for the most recent list of scheduled dates: https://www.portland.gov/bhr/events
Loan Tran Polanco, Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
Loan.Tran@portlandoregon.govClosing Date/Time: 4/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific