Maintenance Planner & Scheduler (Coordinator I – NE)
The City of Portland is seeking two Planner & Schedulers to join the Portland Bureau of Transportation's Maintenance Operations Group!
About the Positions: The Sidewalks Planner & Scheduler and the Traffic Signs & Pavement Marking Planner & Scheduler are responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the work of field staff.
What you'll get to do:
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the work of skilled and semi-skilled craft level maintenance staff engaged in the routine inspection, maintenance, and repair of public infrastructure
- Utilize computer software such as Arc GIS, Maximo, and SAP to process work orders
- Verify labor and materials are charged correctly to each work order number prior to closing
- Utilize strong communication to ensure all parties are clear on needs and expectations
- Work with information and data management systems to create standard procedures & optimize schedules
- Verify labor and materials have been charged correctly to each work order
You are (a):
- Project Coordinator: You have knowledge of project coordination/management principles and efficiently coordinate work to ensure timelines are met and projects/work orders are completed
- Organized: You are able to work on a multitude of tasks and understand/react to various situations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent Communicator: You are a strong communicator to technical and non-technical individuals and who is proficient verbally and in writing.
- Results Driven: This position is high pace and dynamic. You are able to hit the ground running and accomplish tasks in a timely, accurate, accountable, and professional manner.
- Team player: You are a team player and have the ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic, team-oriented work environment that prioritizes safety, professionalism, and accountability
- Equity Focused: You place an equity lens when prioritizing work and collaborating with others
About the specific vacancies:
- Sidewalks Planner & Scheduler: This position will assist within the Maintenance Construction Division which oversees maintenance of the City's Sidewalks, Green Spaces, Street Cleaning, and Structural assets such as bridges, tunnels, and stairways. An ideal candidate will have the ability to balance multiple deadlines, provide excellent customer service internally and externally, and champion a collaborative work style.
- Traffic Signs & Pavement Marking Planner & Scheduler: This position will assist the Traffic Signs & Pavement Marking section which oversees signage, pavement markings, and traffic delineators throughout the city. An ideal candidate will have an aptitude for continuous improvement, experience tracking performance metrics and indicators, and knowledge of Manual Uniform Traffic Control Device regulations and applicable federal/state/local laws pertaining to Traffic Signs & Pavement Markings.
**Please note: This recruitment will establish an eligible list that will be utilized to fill both vacancies however the selection process is anticipated to be run separately. **
Two optional informational sessions will be offered for this position. For more information, please look below under "Additional Information".
Who we are:
City of Portland Core Values:
Anti-racism | Communication | Collaboration | Equity | Transparency | Fiscal Responsibility
These values guide our actions as we serve the community and engage our workforce. To learn more about the City's core values, please click here .
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life, short- and long-term disability coverage to eligible employees and their families. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Experience using MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel) computer applications and maintenance management or scheduling systems such as: Maximo & Synergen.
- Knowledge of the materials & equipment used in the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of large public works systems.
- Experience reading and understanding technical documents such as: blueprints, drawings, specifications, and sketches pertaining to the work.
- Experience preparing clear and concise records, reports and other written materials including attention to detail technical reports such as: work orders, standard operating procedures, and performance metrics and indicators
- Experience providing excellent customer service to diverse internal and external stakeholders and ability to champion a collaborative work style while balancing multiple deadlines
- Ability to prioritize standard daily work and contribute to a culture of safety, organizational excellence, stewardship, and professionalism
The Recruitment Process
An evaluation of each applicant's training and experience, as demonstrated in their resume and answers to supplemental questions, weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested . Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information. Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible list and/or final selection.
** PLEASE NOTE : The eligible list generated from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies**
Recruitment Timeline: Posting Closes: 8/2Applications Reviewed: Week of 8/2Eligible List: Week of 8/9Selection Phase Begins: Mid August Job Offer: September *Timeline is approximate and subject to change without notice
Applicants must submit a professional resume and responses to the supplemental questions online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
- Your résumé and responses to the supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your responses to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtain
- ed which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement.
- Your resume should support the details described in your responses to the supplemental questions.
- If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your responses to the supplemental questions and resume any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
Please note, all completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than on the closing date and time of this recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the City's online application process. Do not attach materials not requested. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Optional Informational Session:
(Session time will also feature information for the
Traffic Maintenance Supervisor I job posting)
Tuesday 27th from 12PM-1PM Virtual via Zoom (Link to be shared after RSVP)
Tuesday July 27th in person from 3PM-4PM (Address provided after RSVP)
**To RSVP** or request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 12PM on Monday the 26th
Work Status: Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
Veterans' Preference: If you are requesting Veterans' Preference, attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veterans' Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment to which you apply. Veterans' Preference documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date of this recruitment.
ADA, Pregnancy, and Religious Accommodations: If you identify as a person with a disability, are pregnant or nursing, or observe a religious practice(s), and would like to request a reasonable accommodation when applying for this job, please contact the Recruiter below for assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply.
Did you know? The City of Portland offers How to Apply Classes that are free and review best practices for applying to the City. Follow the link for the most recent list of scheduled dates: https://www.portland.gov/bhr/career-center/events
Questions?/ Recruiter Contact Information:
Emily Mavraganis, Senior Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Closing Date/Time: 8/2/2021 11:59 PM Pacific