Job Title: Partner Specialist I (Account Management & Project Coordination)
Department: Strategic Partners and Initiatives
Supervisor Title: Program Manager Status: Non Exempt
General Summary: Vetsource's growing services and commitment to creating innovation in the industry give Partner Specialists a unique position of driving value for our business with our partners.
We are looking for someone with an aptitude for account management and project coordination, who is a critical thinker and ready to creatively solve problems. In this role, you will work closely with industry partners to support essential services within a rapidly growing and changing environment. You will be a part of a team of people who are passionately curious, invest in cross-functional partnerships, and drive towards detailed, methodical engagement and execution.
You also care deeply about pets and ensuring they are healthy and happy. At Vetsource, we create a great relationship between veterinarians and their clients by enabling pet parents to get important medications and foods delivered directly to their homes. Hospitals that use Vetsource provide better care.
- Supporting day to day partner account management needs (e.g. progress reporting, tracking invoices and programs, emailing partners, internal and external stakeholder collaboration, troubleshooting)
- Prepare quarterly and as needed reviews to support partners and meetings
- Ensure plans are in place and executed to support test and learn projects and pilots with partners
- Analyze and report pilot or other initiative results in order to detail trends and results and test effectiveness
- Track and audit of partner contracts and reports changes, including notifications of changes to stakeholders
- Document activities in the market and propose a strategy to implement via partner services
- Help prepare presentations, meeting agendas, marketing and other proposals
- Support partner projects and initiatives and other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model our core values.
Vetsource's Core Value Principles:
- Do the right thing every time
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Embrace Change
- Be innovative
- Get it done
- Work hard, have fun!
Employees will be held accountable for the knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Proper etiquette and confidentiality using strong communication skills (verbal and written). Includes effective listening and clear and concise communication skills in person, on the phone or via email.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relations internally and externally
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong organizational, task and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment including the capacity to start and stop projects seamlessly, despite frequent interruptions, while maintaining attention to detail
- Work well both individually and in teams
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others. Includes a friendly can-do attitude and willingness to contribute to any project
- Good computer skills including the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly.
- Experienced using email, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous administrative assistance experience
- Data and project coordination experience preferred
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Dog-friendly office, sit-to-stand desks, and free gourmet coffee machine and Avanti market on site
- New modern design office located close to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
SIGNED AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY:
This Partner Support Specialist I job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as organizational needs evolve. In signing this document I acknowledge that I understand the requirements and responsibilities associated with this position.
Employee Name (please print)
Employee Signature Date