Per Diem Recovery Technician – Ocular Tissue
Make a difference in the lives of others by helping give the gift of sight!
Lions VisionGift (LVG) is a nonprofit eye bank that obtains, evaluates and distributes eye tissue donated by caring individuals for use in cornea transplantation, research, and education. Since 1975, our organization has helped over 30,000 individuals receive sight-restoring transplants.
Please visit www.visiongift.org for more information on our organization.
LVG is currently offering a challenging and rewarding Per-Diem Recovery Technician position to provide on-call coverage for Portland and the surrounding areas.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Screening of medical charts for donor suitability;
- Post-mortem removal of human donor eye tissue for transplant and research/medical education;
- Surgical tissue preservation.
In-house training is provided. Preference will be given to applicants with experience or course work in biological sciences, allied health, and/or medical technology. A flexible schedule is preferred as well.
The current available on-call schedule is Saturday, Sunday, Monday, every other Tuesday from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am.
Hourly rate is $16.00/hr. Standby rate is $3.00/hr. Recoveries are paid on a per-case basis.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow directives and work independently
- Have a valid driver's license with an excellent driving record and reliable, insured vehicle
- Have access to e-mail and Internet
- Some travel outside the Portland metro area (within a reasonable driving distance) may be required.