Senior Court Operations Specialist
Salary: $21.73 - $26.47 Hourly
Job Type: Regular (Part-Time)
Job Number: 20-0011-01
Location: Salem, OR
Department: CM City Manager
Are you interested in a career not just a job? Do you excel working in a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and interesting? Working in a Municipal Court is a unique and rewarding experience. If you like work that is fascinating, multifaceted, and varies each day, then consider the Senior Court Operations Specialist position with the City of Salem Municipal Court. This is a part time position 20 hours per week.
In order to be considered a viable candidate for consideration, you must meet the minimum qualifications and possess attributes that include being professional, dependable, flexible, able to multitask, demonstrate excellent customer service skills, have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and work with a diverse population during stressful circumstances.
The position performs a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties for court operations which includes working in the courtroom on a rotational basis during court proceedings with multiple judges. Employees are required to preserve and record confidential materials involving financial, personal, medical, legal, and law enforcement information.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- High School diploma or G.E.D, and three years of increasingly responsible experience of a general clerical nature involving a high volume of public contact and processing financial, administrative, or legal documents, or any combination of experience and training that demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities as listed, and ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Must pass the criminal background check necessary to obtain Criminal Justice Information System clearance and Law Enforcement Data Systems (LEDS) certification within 30 days of hire and maintain certification throughout employment in the Municipal Court Division.
- Bilingual -English/Spanish, English/Pacific Islander preferred.
- Previous experience using Law Enforcement Data Systems (LEDS) preferred.
- Previous court or legal office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS), Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) regulations, Salem Revised Code (SRC), traffic violations and correlating processes preferred.
Where can I find out more about the position?
Go to the menu option for Class Specifications and search for Senior Court Operations Specialist or view by clicking here.
How can I apply?
The City of Salem invites individuals of all diverse communities and backgrounds to apply for our available job opportunities as we strive to provide the best service to everyone. The City of Salem is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all and has a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, we are better able to serve the community.
To apply, click on the green "Apply" button to complete your application. Make sure that you specify how you meet the qualifications outlined in the class specification and complete the application.
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications as outlined above but not selected for this position may be placed on an eligibility list, and candidates may be hired from the list. Eligibility lists are valid for six months. The City will send email notifications to eligible candidates about potential hiring opportunities so please ensure your email settings accept our system generated email notifications.
You may subscribe for automatic notification of job openings at the City through the Job Interest Cards - sign up today!
For more information about employment at the City of Salem, please visit our website at www.cityofsalem.net/jobs