Senior Desktop Systems Specialist
Full Time - Regular
Roseburg, OR, US
Support clients and in-house staff with all PC and network systems issues, while working within a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep abreast of industry and product advances and best practices.
- Add and upgrade various software applications and suites as required.
- Maintain, analyze, and advanced troubleshoot and repair of computer systems, hardware, computer peripherals, telecommunication systems which include, but are not limited to: desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, desktop phones.
- Assist with user onboarding and terminations
- Manage user access to various systems and applications.
- Create and maintain both technical and user documentation.
- Log all activities in the Help Desk ticket database including, but not limited to maintenance, upgrades or replacement of hardware and software systems, applications and suites as required.
- Support Windows desktop utilizing Microsoft Windows 7/10 as well as Microsoft Office and various other applications.
- Analyze and implement Operating System patches, hot fixes, updates virus protection and spyware removal.
- Comply with organization's internal policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Always demonstrate the highest performance and behavior standards. Share responsibility and expect others to be accountable.
Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem identification and solutions. Be innovative and solutions oriented, improving processes while reducing costs. Demonstrate appropriate time-management skills. Optimize the use of available resources.
Be a Team Player
Support and assist your team members. Be available to help, and learn from your team. Keep an open mind to feedback and earn trust of staff.
Keep your promises, commitments, and confidences. Be honest and straightforward dealing with all issues fairly and consistently.
Adhere to all state and federal regulations relating to your position including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Fraud & Abuse and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) laws. Abide by Company policies and procedures at all times.
- Working with a variety of personalities, maintaining a consistent and fair communication style.
- Satisfying the needs of a fast paced and challenging company.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used within the computer industry.
- Proven experience configuring, maintaining and upgrading PC workstations, including the installation, diagnose and repairing of PC workstations, PC hardware, peripherals and telecommunication equipment.
- Have reliable transportation for transportation to client's sites, hold a valid driver's license and maintain insurance on the vehicle used for work.
- Relies on experience and judgment on plan and accomplish goals. Ability to multitask and prioritize as needed.
- Associate's degree or technical institute degree preferred and/or 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- CompTIA A+ and MCP certifications preferred.
- Provide own transportation to client sites and maintain valid driver's license
Typical office environment requiring standing, sitting, walking, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds. May be exposed to patient and environment conditions such as unpleasant sights, smells and contagious diseases.