Full Time - Regular
Roseburg, OR, US
The Staff Accountant will be an entry level but key member of the Finance team. This position will cross train to support all functions of the Finance Department including work in general accounting, payroll, and financial analysis. The Staff Accountant must have the ability to interact with Executive team members, managers and other internal staff, healthcare providers and their administrative staff and vendors.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reconciliation of all billing and AR.
• Coordinate approval processes of all accounts payable invoices via department heads.
• Reviewing periodically during the month the general ledger for input accuracy and verifying that accounts have been reviewed for content.
• Journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and analysis.
• Assist finance team with preparation of financial statements as needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Responding to inquiries from management and department head regarding expenses, budgets etc.
• Reconcile inventory and calculate cost of goods sold.
• Track fixed asset purchases and disposals. Report personal property to Douglas County Assessor's Office.
• Comply with organization's internal policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Provides support for processing of company payroll.
• Supports the monthly close process working with the Accounting team.
• Support, analyze, and assist with the preparation and review of UH annual budget process.
• Performs review and validation of final annual budget data including, but not limited to: Consolidation account balancing, monthly seasonality, capital restrictions, and ensuring departmental budgets are on target.
• Perform monthly, annual, & ad hoc financial analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
• An understanding of GAAP, accounting policies, practices and systems.
• Proficiency in MS office suite with advanced excel skills preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior accounting experience preferred.
• 4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.