Hay/Straw Truck Driver **$70,000/yr., Plus Potential Bonus!
Pacific Ag Carriers - Pasco, Yakima, WA and Hermiston, La Grande, OR Regional Area
Pacific Ag Carriers, LLC is 25-year company that is growing quickly. We know the keys to our success is our people. We have a base of experienced, loyal, and committed company drivers, maintenance personnel, and office staff who share in our commitment to provide value added service to our customers.
There are immediate openings for self-motivated CDL Class A hay truck drivers in Hermiston to La Grande, OR, and Pasco to Yakima, WA regional area. This is an exciting opportunity with a growing company!
• Full Time, year-round employment
• Paid every week
• Pay is based on % of load
• Home weekends and evenings
• Full benefits
• Safely deliver hay/straw from field side stacks to our customers in Oregon and Washington.
• Maintain accurate and timely DOT records and comply with all DOT regulations.
• Safely use all Pacific Ag Carrier equipment.
• Work with loaders, customers, and other drivers to insure an ongoing good working environment.
Our ideal candidate will have a Class A CDL with double endorsements and at least two (2) years semi-truck driving experience. Hay hauling experience is preferred, but not required. Ability to haul to Canada a plus!
Driven to Succeed:
At Pacific Ag Carriers we're excited about our growing future and looking for great people to join us!
For more information please contact Daniel Sloan, Transportation Manager at 509-727-2370.
Benefits offered include Medical with Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match.
A Pacific Ag Truck Driver is responsible for delivering baled product to our customers while operating the truck safely and according to all DOT regulations. Thorough communication with the Dispatcher and Loader Operator in order to accomplish safe and timely loading and deliveries is essential. Truck Drivers are responsible for completing all required paperwork clearly with accuracy, including logs, bills of lading, weight tickets, timesheets, and inspection records.
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks
- Zero time-loss accidents
- Meet or exceed load goals per week
- Accurate, legible, and timely Bill of Ladings and Weight Tickets, 100% completed and submitted daily.
- Accurate information as required by office administration and/or management, and trucking logs are compliant and meet regulatory standards.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Accurate and timely completion of logs
- Daily truck and trailer inspections and servicing to maintain equipment in good operating condition
- Notify shop immediately of any needs for repair
- Clear communication with Dispatcher and Loader Operator
- Professional conduct with customers, growers, and other drivers
- Help Loader Operator and Dispatcher keep up strong housekeeping standards for stack yards, including helping move tarps and sort stacks
- All other duties as assigned
- Class A CDL with doubles endorsement and current medical card
- Good MVR/Driving record and Insurable
- Minimum of two years trucking experience, preferably with hay or agricultural commodities
- Ability to work following dispatching directions and read a map
- Ability to communicate by radio and phone clearly
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and double check work for potential errors
- Verbal and written communication skills in English (bilingual in Spanish a plus)
- Reliable, punctual, and available to work varying start times and extra shifts when needed
- Able to strap loads to meet standard requirements
- Lifting/Carrying: 50 lbs. frequently
- Grasping: constantly
- Climbing Stairs: regularly
- Climbing Ladders: occasionally
- Bending/Kneeling: occasionally
- Sitting: constantly
- Walking/Standing: regularly
- Repetitive Motion (steering, reaching, operating gears and foot pedals): constantly
- Throwing (loading strap/securing load): regularly
- Hearing (able to hear and respond to verbal instructions and audible alarms/sirens): constantly
- Vision (close, distant, color, depth): constantly
Monday-Friday Day Shift; Weekend and Holidays when needed based on business levels.
40 Plus Hours per Week